Tzatziki. Watch how to make Greek tzatziki sauce in this short recipe video. It's so easy to make with simple ingredients, including Greek yogurt, cucumber, fresh herbs, olive oil, lemon and garlic. This is the best homemade tzatziki recipe!
This Greek tzatziki recipe is easy to make, and SO fresh and delicious! Feel free to serve this as a tzatziki sauce on gyros or sandwiches, or use it as a tzatziki dip with pita and your favorite veggies. Tzatziki is a salted yogurt and cucumber dip that's made of strained yogurt, shredded cucumber, olive oil, garlic Authentic Greek tzatziki is most often made with sheep or goat yogurt, but my tzatziki. You can have Tzatziki using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tzatziki
- You need 300 ml of Greek yoghurt.
- It's 1/4 of cucumber.
- You need 1/3 bunch of mint.
- It's 1 tsp of dill.
- It's 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 clove of garlic.
- It's pinch of salt.
Tzatziki Sauce is a lusciously creamy, flavorful sauce or dip that is HEALTHY and EASY! Tzatziki Sauce is a versatile condiment that will make all of your Mediterranean recipes better! Ingredients for Authentic Greek Tzatziki sauce. Greek tzatziki is a classic yogurt, garlic and cucumber dip.
Tzatziki step by step
- Add the yoghurt to a bowl. Chop the cucumber into small cubes, about 1/8 inch each. Finely chop the mint and add both to the yoghurt..
- Smash the peeled clove of garlic with the flat of a knife and put this in, too..
- Finally, add the dill, lemon juice and salt, stir, then put in the fridge for at least 40 minutes. All the flavours will seep into the yoghurt, so honestly, this part, where you do nothing, is the most important bit..
- Once it’s done, remove the garlic clove, as it’s an unpleasant surprise otherwise, and smear liberally over meat and bread to hide a multitude of culinary sins. Or just dip carrots in it, and eat it that way..
Although it sounds very simple to make, in order to achieve the perfect texture, you. A delicious Greek cucumber-yogurt sauce to use in mezze platters, wraps, gyros, or. This tzatziki sauce tied everything together. I pretty much drowned my chicken and smothered everything on my plate with it. I then proceeded to down everything way to fast because it all tasted so.