Vegetarian moussaka 🌱 🇬🇷. This easy gluten-free and vegetarian moussaka from Eat Well for Less is the comfort food every veggie needs in their life. Creating a vegetarian moussaka will satisfy anyone's need for this delicious Greek dish. In fact, the cheese components of the recipe can be Basic Vegetarian Moussaka.
Although this Vegetarian Moussaka probably has very little to do with the authentic Greek dish — well, apart from the fact that it's made with layers of sliced eggplants that is — I think that it still deserves to be called Moussaka! The way I see it, it's a super healthy and tasty vegetarian version of an already. Moussaka (moo-sah-KAH) is perhaps the most widely recognized Greek dish. You can cook Vegetarian moussaka 🌱 🇬🇷 using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian moussaka 🌱 🇬🇷
- It's 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tin of jackfruit.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- It's 1 carton (500 g) of tomato passata.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- It's 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of courgette, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of aubergine, thinly sliced and sprinkle some salt on both side.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper, finely chopped.
- It's 1 of aubergine, thin slices.
- Prepare 200 of g/7oz pack feta cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh mint.
- It's 1 handful of fresh thyme.
- It's 1 handful of fresh oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry oregano.
It is a layered casserole traditionally made with eggplant, cheese, meat sauce, and This recipe was created by tinkering with the traditional ingredients to make a lighter, lacto-vegetarian moussaka recipe—mashed chickpeas. An easy vegetarian moussaka recipe with a lighter sauce that will make the most confirmed carnivore smile, by larder love. easy vegetarian moussaka recipe. The new year means January and that means pretty cold and miserable weather here in Scotland. Vegetarian moussaka - a classic Greek dish made with aubergine and lentils in a rich tomatoey sauce.
Vegetarian moussaka 🌱 🇬🇷 instructions
- Quick pan fried aubergine for a few min with a little bit of olive oil, oregano and black pepper. Leave it aside..
- In a medium heat pan, add olive oil, onion then cook for about 10-15 min until onion soften. Add courgette, pepper and garlic then mix them well and let it cook for another 5 min. Add jackfruit, tomato purée and mix well..
- Add some tomato passata, thyme, oregano, mint and dry oregano. Add grilled aubergine on top of the pan..
- Add feta cheese crumbs and cheddar cheese if prefer..
- Put it on the oven on grill for a couple min. Serve with some greek salad..
The perfect healthy vegetarian comfort food! Whenever I go to a Greek restaurant (which admittedly isn't very often), I order vegetarian moussaka. Greek food is actually pretty veggie-friendly. We're trying to eat vegetarian at least once a week so I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. This classic Greek dish is made with aubergines, potatoes and courgettes with a creamy cheese topping.