Cheesy Pasta Bake With Turkey, Fennel & Thyme.
You can have Cheesy Pasta Bake With Turkey, Fennel & Thyme using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Pasta Bake With Turkey, Fennel & Thyme
- You need 225 g of rigatoni pasta,.
- It's 375 g of 7% fat turkey thigh mince meat,.
- Prepare 200 ml of tomato passata,.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped,.
- You need 1-2 of large tomatoes, chopped coarsely,.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree paste,.
- It's 2 tsp of dried thyme,.
- It's 1.5 tsp of fennel seeds,.
- It's of Cracked black pepper, to season,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar,.
- Prepare of Salt to season and for pasta cooking water,.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- It's of To top:.
- You need 60 g of Grated mature cheddar cheese (I used 30% less fat).
Cheesy Pasta Bake With Turkey, Fennel & Thyme step by step
- Add oil to a medium saucepan and once hot add in the onions and begin to gently fry, turn down the heat a little. After frying until turning translucent add in the turkey mince meat. Fry off until almost cooked through then season well with salt and plenty of cracked black pepper. Take the fennel seeds and grind them in a mortar and pestle..
- Add in the ground fennel seeds plus the thyme. Stir through. Next add the tomato paste and the passata. Stir through. Bring to a simmer. Add in the sugar and stir through. Simmer on a medium low heat..
- Begin to cook the pasta according to packet instructions in salted water. Preheat your oven to 180 (fan). Once the pasta is almost cooked remove from the heat and drain off the water. Take your oven proof dish and spoon in the pasta then add the sauce. Gently mix through until the pasta is coated evenly..
- Scatter over your grated cheese then place in the hot oven and cook for around 10 minutes. Then to finish place beneath a hot grill until the cheese is golden and bubbling..
- Serve up and enjoy! :).