Scrummy slow cooked Carribean chicken. These chicken drumsticks are meltingly tender and utterly delcious! Why This Recipe Works: Meltingly tender, slow-cooked chicken drumsticks pair perfectly with bold, spicy flavors, so we set out to create a. This incredibly easy slow cooker Caribbean jerk chicken recipe results in well-seasoned chicken with just a hint of heat for very little effort.
Throw chicken, vegetables and a few flavors into your slow cooker for a delicious Korean chicken dish. Aren't slow cookers just the business? Even if you prepare and chop the ingredients in the morning, it still feels like the meal cooked itself when you open the door that night and smell the. You can cook Scrummy slow cooked Carribean chicken using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scrummy slow cooked Carribean chicken
- It's 5 of chicken thighs (skin off).
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of Jamaica jerk seasoning (dry).
- You need 1 dash of paprika, tumeric, cayenne pepper, garlic, cumin.
- You need 1 can of Red kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 pinch of coriander.
- It's 2 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 of lime.
- It's 1 of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 packages of pancetta.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 cup of frozen sweetcorn.
By Caroline Hire - Food writer. Treat the family to this wholesome chicken casserole that delivers comfort while being low-fat. And you can let a slow cooker do most of the work. A simple made-from-scratch curry, slow-cooked spicy chicken curry is delicious.
Scrummy slow cooked Carribean chicken instructions
- Place the jerk seasoning, herbs, maple syrup, and a dash of olive oil into a large sandwich bag.
- Slash each chicken thigh threw times with a sharp knife.
- Add the chicken to the bag and squish it all together (technical term ;)).
- Heat a tea spoon of olive oil in a griddle pan.
- Fry the onion and pancetta in the oil.
- When the onion and pancetta are cooked remove them from the pan and leave them to rest inside the slow cooker.
- Using the same oil from the pancetta and onion add the chicken thighs to the griddle pan.
- Cool each side so you get a blackened effect on both sides of thigh.
- When the chicken is completely cooked, add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Season the sauce with the same herbs used in the marinade.
- Open the can of red kidney beans and put half the can into the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken and sauce to the slow cooker.
- Slice the lime into quarters and squeeze two into the pot, then add the other two whole onto the top of the slow cooker.
- Add the bay leaves and frozen sweetcorn.
- Top with fresh coriander and cook in the slow cooker for 6-7 hours.
- Serving suggestion: cook rice as required and add to the sauce pot..
Slow cooked to intensify the heat and flavour. Reviews for: Photos of Slow-Cooked Chicken Drumsticks. Rub chicken breasts with oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add all of the remaining ingredients except for the hot sauce. Learn how to make the Ultimate Caribbean Chicken Soup, with simple step by step instructions from Chris De La Rosa of CaribbeanPot.com This classic.