simple fried green tomatoes. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Sliced firm green tomatoes, dipped in egg and coated with flour, cornmeal and bread crumbs, fried and seasoned with salt and pepper. Curious as usual, we found some big green tomatoes at the farmer's market last weekend and just had to try these fried green tomatoes.
Fried Green Tomatoes with Dipping Sauce. Fried green tomatoes are so crispy, crunchy, and good all the However, it also packs quite a flavorful punch. Plus, it appears super simple to make as well. You can cook simple fried green tomatoes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of simple fried green tomatoes
- You need 5 of green tomatoes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2/3 cup of jiffy baking mix (or flour).
- You need 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It's 2 tbsp of creole seasoning.
- It's 1 of oil.
So since I love fried green tomatoes and sliders, this is the ultimate combination in my opinion. Long before "Fried Green Tomatoes" was a feature film, it was a culinary staple in my household while growing up. I actually didn't start eating them until I became a preteen, saw the movie and got curious of how they tasted Southern Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe. Fried green tomatoes are a side dish usually found in the Southern United States, made from unripe (green) tomatoes coated with cornmeal and fried.
simple fried green tomatoes instructions
- I don't usually measure my ingredients. so this is a round about guess of measurements. I hope you enjoy it!.
- heat oil in skillet.
- slice tomatoes 1/2 in thick..
- in mixing bowl mix 2 eggs and milk. add in the jiffy mix and stir until clumps are gone. if the batter is too thin add more mix, if its too thick add more milk. next add parsley, Creole seasoning and stir..
- dip sliced tomatoes into batter. be sure to cover them completely. place in hot oil. let cook until golden brown and flip. (I find it easier to use tongs.).
- set out a plate with a few layers of paper towel. let cool and enjoy!.
Make delicious, classic Southern Fried Green Tomatoes fast with this easy recipe! Crispy on the outside and tender in the middle, these Fried Green Tomatoes are addictive! Serve them as an appetizer or side dish, a party snack, or make them the main attraction piled high on a BLT! No one does Fried Green Tomatoes like Southern Living. The cornmeal and flour crust is what sets this recipe apart from others.