Cheesy Gnocchi Florentine.
You can have Cheesy Gnocchi Florentine using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Gnocchi Florentine
- It's 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 lb. of ground Italian sausage.
- It's 1/4 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It's 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of half and half (or heavy cream).
- It's 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken broth.
- It's 1 package (16 oz.) of dried gnocchi, uncooked.
- You need 3 of packed cups coarsely chopped spinach.
- It's 1/2 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It's of Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for topping.
Cheesy Gnocchi Florentine instructions
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage. Cook until it's mostly browned, breaking it up as you go, then add in the onion and continue to cook until the onion has softened up, about 3-4 more minutes. Add the garlic and cook just a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then add the tomatoes, gnocchi, cream, broth and seasonings and give it all a good stir..
- Let it come up to a simmer, then let it simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the gnocchi are tender and the liquid has absorbed and thickened a bit. Remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the spinach, then the mozzarella cheese. Once the spinach has wilted, you are ready to serve..