Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb. How do You Make Red Velvet Cake from Scratch?
For the Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. This cream cheese frosting recipe is also stiff enough to pipe a beautiful border around the top of the cake, which is exactly what I did for this cake! Decorating This Red Velvet Layer Cake. You can cook Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Butter , room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of sugar Granulated.
- You need 2 of Egg.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Red Liquid Food.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 250 Grams of Cream Cheese.
- It's 500 Grams of Icing sugar.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
While I love making challenging cake designs, sometimes it's nice to just make a classic layer cake. Topped with cream cheese frosting, I finally figured out why people LOVE a real red velvet cake. This is a pretty unique flavor combination but when you add in some cream cheese frosting or ermine frosting (the classic frosting for red velvet cake), then it adds even more tangy flavor. Top these classic red velvet cupcakes with a tangy cream cheese frosting and serve them at your next birthday party or backyard potluck.
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Butter two - 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. Set aside..
- In a mixing bowl sift together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside..
- In bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until soft (about 1-2 minutes). Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined..
- In a measuring cup whisk the buttermilk with the red food coloring. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour..
- In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter..
- Working quickly, divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and smooth the tops with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon.Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 -30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean..
- Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Place a wire rack on top of the cake pan and invert, lifting off the pan. Once the cakes have completely cooled, wrap in plastic and place the cake layers in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- In a medium bowl cream the cream cheese and icing sugar on slow speed. Mix in the vanilla extract gradually..
Here I've adapted red velvet cake into little red cupcakes and topped with a dollop of cream cheese frosting, they make for a colorful and tasty dessert for late. The cream cheese frosting tasted good but it did not make up for the poor flavor of the cake. All Reviews for Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I love to frost a Red Velvet Cake with a Cream Cheese Frosting. But the Cream Cheese Frosting I use is a little different than most.