Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup. 📍Disclaimer: This Video is not Sponsored Enjoy Mike's own version of Chinese Hot & Sour Soup. We serve it with variety of. The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom.
Traditional hot and sour soup is actually incredibly easy to make as well. And the bonus of making it at home is that it's also incredibly easy to customize to your taste. Hot and sour soup - Wing Loong Restaurant. You can have Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup
- It's of ● For The Hot & Sour Soup.
- It's 5 Cups of Chicken Or Beef Stock.
- It's 1 1/2 Cups of Precooked Shreaded Chicken, Beef Or Pork [packed].
- It's 1/4 Cup of Bamboo Shoots [drained - thin sliced].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [drained - minced].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Shiitake Mushrooms [small chop - or, white & brown].
- You need 6 oz of Firm Tofu [1/2" chop].
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fine Minced Fresh Ginger.
- It's 1 of [or 2 - your call] LG Eggs [beaten].
- You need 2 tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Sriracha Chile Sauce.
- It's 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame Seed Oil.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of ● For The Thickener.
- It's 2 tbsp of Corn Starch + 2 tbs Water [more if you want her more viscous].
- Prepare of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Chives [minced].
- You need as needed of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Thai Chilies [fine minced - optional].
- You need as needed of Crispy Chow Mein Noodles.
- It's as needed of Soy Sauce.
- It's as needed of Chile Sauce.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Dried Roasted Nori [aka dried seaweed - rough chopped].
It makes a great appetizer as the palate is stimulated or awakened by its spiciness In a chinese banquet, a variation of a hot and sour soup is usually served as the first dish or second dish. The slightly thickened consistency adds to its charm. Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy.
Mike's Chinese Hot And Sour Soup step by step
- Chop your veggies. Heat everything in the Hot & Sour Soup section for 20 minutes. Stir regularly. At 20 minutes in, add your whisked egg[s] and stir constantly until eggs are fully cooked. Then, while soup is at a steady simmer, add your corn starch and water mixture slowly. She'll thicken up quickly as she bubbles away. Add more corn starch and water if you'd like her a bit thicker. ● P.S., this is the actual color of soup below. The kiddos somehow ended up taking darker faced photos upon down lighting with the other pictures..
- Brown, white, oyster or Shiitake mushrooms really do make this dish! Your choice! Just dice!.
- For The Sides & Garnishments. Thai Chilies, fresh Cilantro leaves and chopped Chives..
- Dried Roasted Nori. To taste. Definitely consider this addition!.
- Fresh crunchy Chow Mein Noodles are always a must atop this flavorful dish!.
- Top view..
- Serve Hot & Sour Soup with the fresh garnishments listed. Especially the fresh Cilantro. It really does make the dish! Serve soup piping hot with fresh, crunchy Chow Mein Noodles and Soy Sauce. Enjoy!.
There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot and sour soup is a new discovery for me, but I love it. I've never tried making it before, but this recipe seems doable. I hope it's like the kinds I so want to try this! I love hot and sour soup…when we order Chinese, I always order it.