Easy Rice Cooker Jambalaya. Cook Up The Classic New Orleans On-Pot Dish W/ Zatarain's® Jambalaya Mix. Mix rinsed rice, shrimp, chicken broth, tomato sauce, bell pepper, margarine, and mushrooms together in a rice cooker. By making this in a rice cooker, you can avoid burning the rice and having to watch the pot.
Easy Rice Cooker Jambalaya Making this in my rice cooker ensures that is comes out perfect everytime! Rice Cooker Sausage Jambalaya - An easy one pot rice dish filled with sausage and black-eyed peas. I have a fun new feature on my blog called Cajun Cookin'. You can cook Easy Rice Cooker Jambalaya using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Rice Cooker Jambalaya
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It's 2 lb of Smoked Cajun Sausage.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of brown rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 1 of bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic, chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of cajun spice.
- It's 3 cup of chicken stock.
I'm so excited to share some of my recipes that are very near and dear to my heart. They come from one of the best cuisines on Earth-Cajun Food! Now a quick note on the rice. If you want to use a different style of rice, like long grain or brown rice, you totally can.
Easy Rice Cooker Jambalaya step by step
- Add rice and chicken stock to your rice cooker. Follow the directions of your rice cooker for your desired amount of rice. Use chicken stock instead of water. For me this was 2.25 cups of brown rice and 3 cups of chicken stock..
- Slice the smoked sausage and render some of the fat out in a skillet on medium heat. Then, remove the sausage and drain on a paper towel..
- Wipe out the rendered fat from the skillet and then add chopped onion and bell pepper. Heat over medium until onion is semi soft..
- Add chopped veggies and sausage to the rice cooker. Add 1.5 tablespoons of chopped garlic and 1 teaspoon of Cajun spice..
- Cook for the length of time described in your rice cookers directions. For my brown rice in this recipe, 100 minutes was perfect..
You juts have to change the measurements a bit. I made quite a number of changes from the original recipe according to my family's tastes, ingredient availability and cooking method in order to cook it in a rice cooker. This Easy Jambalaya Recipe is packed with spicy andouille sausage, shredded chicken, sweet shrimp, and of course, plenty of vegetables and rice. It's the perfect one-pot meal for busy nights! For more easy one-pot meals, check out this One Pot Beef Stroganoff, this One Pot Mexican Pasta, this One Pot Cream Spinach Mushrooms Artichoke Chicken, and this Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken.