Chicken lasagna. Repeat layers of noodles, chicken and mushroom sauce. Switch up your dinner routine with this must-try twist on lasagna. It's got all the comfort you crave but changes the game by featuring chicken and four types of cheese.
We found it's easiest to spread the thicker ricotta sauce over the noodles and ladling the spinach sauce ensures the chicken layer is moist and juicy. For best results, follow this order. Whether you're fixing and freezing ahead to make your future meals a cinch or prepping for tonight's feast, there's nothing like a chicken lasagna to make the whole family happy. You can cook Chicken lasagna using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken lasagna
- It's of Red sauce.
- Prepare of Purple onion 1 big size and chopped.
- You need of Boneless chicken 1.5 to 2 lbs chicken breast.
- You need of Tomatoes 3, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 jar of Pasta sauce.
- You need as needed of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Cumin powder.
- It's of White sauce.
- You need 4 tablespoon of Butter.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Flour.
- You need of Salt - 1 teaspoon or to taste.
- You need 3 cups of Milk.
- It's of Mozzarella cheese 0.5 to 1 cup grated.
- It's 4 table spoon of Cream.
- You need of Garlic 2 cloves minced.
- It's 1 pinch of Nutmeg.
- It's of sheets Lasagna.
- It's of Lasagna sheets - boiled.
Layers of sauce, spinach, cheese, and chicken all in one dish. Chicken Lasagna in a creamy Alfredo sauce is the ultimate comfort food! This White Chicken Lasagna is rich, satisfying, comforting, flavorful and boasts towering layers for the ultimate flavor and texture. It's loaded with three layers of pasta, homemade chicken Alfredo sauce, creamy ricotta (with a secret trick) spiked with spinach and artichokes, and gooey mozzarella cheese.
Chicken lasagna instructions
- Red sauce: put oil, then add chopped onions and saute (don't brown them), then add tomatoes and cook. Once it's all cooked, add 1 jar of pasta sauce. Then add all chicken breasts. Once chicken is cooked, make sure you take it out and shred it with two forks, and then put the shredded chicken bag in while it cooks. Cook sauce for 3 hrs because you want to make sure that tomatoes are fully cooked. If cooked in pressure cooker or Crock-Pot/instapot, then can reduce the time to 30 to 40 minutes..
- For white sauce: in a separate pan, add butter, add minced garlic and saute then add flour and salt and pepper and whisk. Once it has turned light brown, add milk while whisking. Add cream (you can skip this if you dont have cream), then cheese, keep whisking until it thickens. Add a pinch of nutmeg. Take it off of heat..
- To make the layers, first put some oil in the pan. Then put 1 layer of red sauce. Then sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese, then put sheets of lasagna, then add white sauce and then cover with grated mozzarella cheese and then put another layer of lasagna sheets. Repeat until out of all sauce..
- Bake in oven at 375 F for 30 minutes. Then broil for 1-2 minute to make sure the top cheese has a nice golden look. Be careful with broiling, it can burn the top, so keep watching it while it happens and take it out as soon as you think that the color of the cheese is good enough..
White Chicken Lasagna is everything you know and love about classic Lasagna - except it's made with tender shredded chicken and golden mushrooms smothered in a cheesy Alfredo sauce! While it may be white instead of red, and made with chicken instead of beef, it has all the characteristics of what we love so much about. A completely amazing, totally delicious chicken lasagna recipe that is always a favorite! Kick Ass Chicken Lasagna is the perfect cozy comfort food meal and is one of my favorites to bring for neighbors when you need to stuff the fridge. Chicken Lasagna Party Size Tender pieces of white meat chicken with a creamy roasted chicken sauce made with olive oil, roasted garlic, carrots, onions, basil, Romano and Parmesan cheeses, spinach, red peppers, yellow carrots and topped with golden brown bread crumbs.