Creamy Steak & Mushroom Rigatoni.
You can have Creamy Steak & Mushroom Rigatoni using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Steak & Mushroom Rigatoni
- It's 8 oz of Rigatoni - cooked to package directions.
- You need 1 lb of ribeye steak - cut to 3/4" cubes.
- It's 8 oz of button mushrooms - sliced.
- It's 1 of small onion - finely diced.
- You need 3 tbs of olive oil - divided.
- It's 2 tbs of unsalted butter - divided.
- It's 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It's 1 (12 oz) of can evaporated milk.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
Creamy Steak & Mushroom Rigatoni step by step
- In a large deep sided sautée pan melt 1 tbs butter with 1 tbs oil over medium heat. Add steak and cook until just browned on all sides (but not cooked through). About 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Set aside..
- Add remaining 2 tbs butter and 1 tbs oil to pan. When butter is melted add onions. Cook until translucent, stirring frequently. About 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook until just fragrant, stirring constantly. About 1 minute..
- Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms begin to brown and exude their juices. About 5 minutes..
- Add beef stock. Increase heat to medium high to bring to a boil. Boil uncovered until stock has reduced by half about 8 minutes. Return steak to pan..
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens slightly, stirring constantly to prevent sticking. About 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired..
- Turn off heat. Add cooked Rigatoni and toss/stir to coat in sauce. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir. Serve with a side salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!.