Baklava. Baklava is a sweet dessert made of layers of phyllo filled with chopped walnuts and pistachios, soaked with honey syrup. Baklava or baklawa is a rich, sweet pastry featured in many cuisines of the former Ottoman countries. It is made of layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or pistachios, and sweetened with syrup or honey.
I am a huge fan of baklava and this is the BEST baklava recipe I have ever tried. Baklava is a Mediterranean dessert with layers of phyllo dough, nuts and honey. I've also included two authentic baklava recipes for you to try: a fancy and more involved recipe as well as a simple. You can have Baklava using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baklava
- It's 40 sheets of filo dough.
- You need 300 gr of walnut.
- You need 250 gr of butter.
- Prepare 400 gr of sugar.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- It's 5 tsp of cream.
- It's 1 of ginger stick.
This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. Not to be confused with balaclava or Balaklava. The iconic Baklava is astonishingly straight forward to make!
Baklava step by step
- First add sugar and stick ginger into water and boiled 15 minutes..
- Cut filo sheets as your tray's size (it is hard to cut after finished).
- Melt your butter but not burn.
- Spread butter on tray and put one sheet of filo spread butter on sheet. You will do same thing every sheet when you finished half of sheets..
- Add walnut crumbs on the sheet and spread cream on walnuts.
- Put a sheet of filo and spread melted butter on sheet. Continue to do put sheet and spread butter till finished your sheets. Spread butter top of pastry and cut before cooked..
- Put 180°c before heated oven and cook for 20 mins.
- Add your cold syrup on warm baklava with a large spoon..
The iconic Baklava is my all time favourite pastry that I can't get enough of. You'll love how homemade Baklava is not overly sweet and. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. In baklava, layers of crisp phyllo dough alternate with a sugary spiced nut mixture, and the whole thing is then soaked in fragrant. Baklava is a layered pastry with nuts and honey syrup popular in Greece, Turkey and Baklava is a dessert as old as time, to use the phrase loosely.