You can cook Chicken Milanese using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Milanese
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It's 2 tbsp of polenta.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil (not pictured).
- You need of salt & pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It's 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of sunflower oil.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- It's 50 g of butter.
- Prepare 125 g of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 200 ml of double cream.
- It's 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It's 2 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- It's of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 150 g of penne pasta.
Chicken Milanese step by step
- Place one chicken breast in between 2 sheets of cling film & bash with a rolling pin until it is of even thickness. Repeat with the other chicken breast. Slice each one into 2 equal pieces..
- Mix the polenta with the basil & season with salt & pepper. Place the polenta, egg & flour onto 3 separate plates. Dip each piece of chicken first into the flour, then the egg & finally the polenta. Place the coated chicken onto a another plate. If you have time cover with cling film & chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat & add 3 tbsp sunflower oil. Add the chicken 2 pieces at a time & cook for 3 minutes each side. Place on to a plate & keep warm..
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water. Wipe out the frying pan, place back on the heat & add the butter. Cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes then add the garlic & parsley & a little pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes then add the cream, stir then simmer for 2 minutes until starting to bubble. Stir in the parmesan & check the seasoning. Drain the pasta & add to the sauce tossing to coat. Serve alongside the chicken with some green salad..