The Real "Goulash".
You can have The Real "Goulash" using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The Real "Goulash"
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of optional marjoram.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Hungarian smoked paprika.
- You need 1 of peeled diced tomato.
- It's 1 small of diced yellow chilli.
- You need 1 small of diced onions.
- It's 1 lb of cubed pork.
The Real "Goulash" step by step
- This dish known as Goulash in Western Europe but it is basically a meat stew called porkolt in Hungary. Heat oil in a cooking pot and add onions to sweat..
- Add paprika and little water to create a base. Cook for a few minutes..
- Add pork, pepper and salt. Turn heat high and cook until meat turns white.
- Add tomato, chilli, marjoram and water. Bring heat to simmer and cover pot..
- Before serving the stew, add finely minced garlic..