Vegan/vegatable moussaka. This vegan moussaka is deliciously layered with roasted eggplant, homemade vegan mince and a creamy vegan bechamel sauce. Vegan moussaka is like a lower carb version. Vegan moussaka with lentils and eggplant!
Easy vegetable moussaka dish that consists of juicy meatless mince sauce mingling with layers of sweet eggplant (aubergines) & thick velvety bechamel sauce. Moussaka is a really delicious Greek casserole. It's usually made with potatoes, but if you leave those out and use. You can have Vegan/vegatable moussaka using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan/vegatable moussaka
- It's of Potatoes (medium hard).
- Prepare of Eggplants.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- You need of Red lentils.
- Prepare of Brown soy crumble.
- Prepare of Canned tomatoes.
- You need of Feta cheese.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- It's of Basil.
- You need of Red paprika powder.
- It's of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Oat cream.
- You need of Dried mashed potato flour (perunamuusijauhe).
Layers of lentils with roasted vegetables, all topped with a creamy flavoursome sauce, this easy vegan moussaka is a winner. This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Traditionally, moussaka is made of cream and meat. Two things that are not part of a plant based diet.
Vegan/vegatable moussaka step by step
- Rinse and boil lentils for about 5min..
- Slice eggplants and salt tha sliced to cry, let cry for 29min then clean away the salt..
- Peel and slice potatoes..
- Put the brown soy crumble in hot water, add vegetable broth cube..
- Chop onion and garlic, fry in oil with spices. Remove water from soy crumble and lentils and add, add also tomato sauce. Add some chopped green olives if you like. Let simmer for 15min..
- Layer sauce, eggplant, and potatoes in a pan, add feta cheese if not full vegan. Mix oat cooking cream and a little bit of dried mashed potato mix flour and some salt. Pour on top..
- Cook in the 215'C oven for about 1,5hours, until potatoes are soft..
This vegan moussaka is every bit as good as the 'real' thing - a rich lentil ragu cooked in red wine, layered I've been itching to experiment with vegan-ising the totally luscious Greek dish, Moussaka. Moussaka (/muːˈsɑːkə/, /ˌmuːsəˈkɑː/ or /ˌmuːsɑːˈkɑː/) is an eggplant- and/or potato-based dish, often including ground meat, which is common in the Balkans and the Middle East. Yummy Food at Home Vegetarian Moussaka Fast and easy to make with basic ingredients. Although this Vegetarian Moussaka probably has very little to do with the authentic Greek dish — well, apart from the fact that it's made with layers of sliced eggplants that is — I think that it still deserves to. By Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer.