Acorn Squash Boats.
You can cook Acorn Squash Boats using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Boats
- You need 1 large of acorn squash, rinse and dryed (the shell will be the serving vessel ).
- It's 4 of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1 tsp of hot sauce your favorite.
- You need 1 cup of shredded italian blend cheese.
- Prepare 16 slice of pepperoni, cut in half.
Acorn Squash Boats step by step
- Place acorn squash on microwavable plate and microwave about 8 minutes, turning halfway through time until a knife inserted goes in with no resistance Cool until cool enough to handle, carefully cut in half so the skin does not tear. discard seeds, remove pulp leaving about 1/4 inche shell. Cut the 2 shell halfs in half so you have 4 pieces of shell to stuff.( I used kitchen scissors to cut shell ).
- Place acorn squash pulp and all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT italian cheese blend and pepperoni in a food processor and blend until smooth, add 1/2 of italian cheese and mix in..
- Preheat oven to 400. On a foil lined non stick sprayed baking dish big enogh to hold the 4 squash boats in one layer place squash shells. Fill each shell evenly with squash mixture, top with remaining italian cheese, top evenly with pepperoni..
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until hot and cheese is melted..
- These are fine made a day or two ahead and kept chilled before the oven bake, just keep in mind the baking time will be a bit longer..