White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites.
You can have White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites
- It's 1 Cup of Small White beans soaked for 2 hours.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- It's 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- It's 3 of Small Red chillies, finely chopped with their seeds.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of dried mixed herbs.
- You need 4 Cups of Green Swiss Chard (Spinach), vein removed and chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Jam tomatoes, sliced.
- It's 2 Cubes of vegetable stock.
- You need 500 ml of hot water.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oat bran.
- You need 3 tablespoons of ground egusi.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried garlic flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of polenta.
- It's 2 Cups of boiled water.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of butter.
- You need 3 tablespoons of mixed seeds.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of herbal salt.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- You need 2 Cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped.
White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites step by step
- Method for the soup: Boil the beans in a pot with 2 cups of boiling water. Put the lid on, boil until the water dried out. Add another cup of boiling water and boil again until the water dried out..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add to the beans the coconut oil, onion, chillies and 2 cloves fresh garlic. Sauté for 15 minutes..
- Add the mixed herbs and Swiss chard. Cook for another 15 minutes..
- Dilute the one vegetable stock cube in 500ml hot water and add this to the pot. Add the sliced tomatoes. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the second vegetable stock cube directly to the pot - no need to dilute. Add the egusi powder and garlic flakes. Simmer for another 15 minutes and switch the stove off. The soup is ready..
- Method for the Polenta bites: Add the boiled water to a pot on low heat. Add salt and polenta, whisking to avoid lumps..
- Add butter and let it cook for 20 minutes with the lid on..
- Pour the polenta into a container and let it cool off completely. It will harden..
- Add seeds and herbal salt into a bowl..
- Slice polenta into cubes and rub the cubes in the seeds and salt mixture..
- Heat the coconut oil on high and fry the polenta until seeds are golden brown..
- Serve soup in a bowl and add Polenta bites on top..