My red velvet cake. Red velvet cake is a classic American dessert, but it's becoming more and more popular outside of the US, and for a good reason - it's so festive Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to all-purpose flour in my recipe, so that everyone can make it. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting. There are many theories as to its origin.
You've been asking me to share my favorite red velvet layer cake recipe, and I've wanted to. So I continued my red velvet experiments. I tried tons of different recipes to see what ratios I preferred, played around with the amount of leavening agents. You can cook My red velvet cake using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My red velvet cake
- It's 1 1/2 of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It's of red food coloring.
Both our chocolate cake and red velvet cake use buttermilk, but buttermilk is a required ingredient for red velvet cake. It also has vinegar and red food coloring added The original Red Velvet Cake only had a slight red color to it which came from pureed beets. If you want a richer red color, without the. This red velvet cake recipe is SUPERB!!!!
My red velvet cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°f coat 3,8 inch round pans with nonstick spray.Cut parchment rounds to fit in the buttom of the pans,place the parchment rounds in the pans and coat again with nonstick spray...Set aside.
- In the bowl of ur container fitted with the whisk attachment add the oil,eggs,milk,vinegar and vanilla,mix on medium speed until combined.Add in the sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Next add the cocoa powder,salt,baking soda,mixing on medium spees for about 30 seconds or until no lumps remain in the cocoa powder.
- Add in the flour and red food coloring mix until smooth,30seconds minute,scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide the batter equally into the 3prepared pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minites or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10minutes and then turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost as desired.
And it passes the stick to the back of the fork test like a champ! Adding a bit of coffee to the batter isn't "traditional" for red velvet cakes but it adds another layer of flavor and really hypes up the chocolatey taste to perfection. Not to mention the extra liquid. This Best Red Velvet Cake Recipe you will ever try! My mom would always make this velvet red cake cake from scratch on Christmas when I was growing up.