The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake. Fold in carrots, pineapple and walnuts. Carrot cakes easily turn into uber-dense (albeit flavorful) snack breads and head off into hermit cookie-land. They are loaded with fruits, and use baking Many carrot cakes are extremely sweet.
Nothing beats a classic carrot cake - this one has a touch of cinnamon and walnuts plus the obligatory cream cheese icing. Classic Carrot Cake - deliciously moist spiced carrot cake layers with a perfectly tangy cream cheese buttercream. And while I absolutely love that unique carrot cake, I've been feeling for a while now that a classic, more traditional carrot cake was calling my name. You can cook The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- It's 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of vegetable oil (or canola oil, grapeseed oil, etc.).
- It's 3/4 cups of unsweetened, chunky applesauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cups of carrots, shredded (about 5 small carrots).
- You need 1 (15 ounces) of can pineapple, drained and chopped.
- It's 1 cup of walnuts, chopped.
Hi, I have experienced very moist cakes that fall apart/slide when attempting to frost also. However, I have found if you refrigerate the cakes for a while before frosting the end result will be a pleasant one.hope this helps for any future endeavors! Ultimate Carrot Cake: This is a moistened very flavorful carrot cake, with a creamy lemon frosting, this carrot cake recipe is perfect classic favorite for a crowd and you might not have any leftovers to bring home!!! I created this carrot cake with the a little help fro… There's a reason I've called this the The Ultimate Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting: it's extra moist and tender and flavored with the perfect blend of spices.
The Ultimate Classic Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease three 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick spray..
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt..
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla..
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in carrots, pineapple and walnuts..
- Evenly divide batter between prepared cake pans and bake in oven for about 45 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool..
- When the cakes feel cool to the touch, place the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes..
- With the mixer running on low, gradually add in powdered sugar. Beat on medium until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as necessary..
- Remove the cooled cakes from their tins and place one of the layers, flat side down, on a flat plate or cake stand..
- Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with another cake layer. Spread with 3/4 cup frosting. Top with final layer..
- Using icing spatula, spread remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake, making decorative swirls in the frosting if desired..
- Press chopped walnuts along the bottom edge of the sides..
- Cake can be stored, covered in fridge, for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature..
It's then topped with a smooth and creamy whipped cream cheese frosting. Classic Carrot Cake is something I have made over the years with mixed results. Sometimes it turned out dry and sometimes the carrots still tasted raw. It has every classic ingredient , but uses oil to keep it moist. And I think the secret ingredient is using crushed.