Savory Squash Bowls. This stuffed butternut squash bowl recipe uses pre-prepped squash bowls to save on time and stuffs them with savory chicken sausage, zucchini, tomato sauce and Italian spices. Sweet, savory, and delicious, these squash bowls are nutritious and flavorful. Best of all, they use pantry and refrigerator items that are convenient to have on hand.
Acorn squash with savory spices is now one of my favorites. Simply chop a squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and slice into half moons. Place the squash in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and. You can cook Savory Squash Bowls using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Squash Bowls
- It's 1 of Acorn squash.
- It's 1/2 cup of Kasha.
- It's 2-3 of mushrooms.
- It's 1-2 of carrots.
- It's 1/2 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1-2 of garlic cloves.
- It's 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It's of Spices,to taste or 1/2tsp each: oregano, cumin, coriander, basil.
- Prepare of Water, for cooking squash and kasha.
This Curried Butternut Squash Soup is vegan and oh-so-delicious! A big bowl of Acorn Squash and Pear Soup will have you loving soup days even more! Savory Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe by Our Best Bites. This savory squash soup is the perfect fall dish to warm you up once once the weather gets cool.
Savory Squash Bowls step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook squash: slice the squash in half, lengthwise. Using a grapefruit spoon, scoop out seeds so the flesh is clean. (Save the seeds, they are very yummy when roasted.).
- Place squash face down in roasting pan filled with 1/4inch of water in bottom. Cover with foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until squash is cooked, fork tender. :-).
- While squash is cooking, prepare kasha. Kasha is the buckwheat grain toasted before cooking. Put buckwheat in a saute pan over low/medium heat and 'toast' until slightly browned or fragrant. In a saucepan, put 1cup of water to every 1/2cup grain. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer 10-15min, until all water is absorbed. (Feel free to use a vegetable broth, or season the water as you wish.).
- While squash and kasha are cooking, chop the carrot & mushrooms and mince garlic. Saute in olive oil, over low heat, until heated and fragrant, add spices and saute for 3-5 minutes..
- Mix veggies with kasha. Scoop into cooked squash 'bowls' and serve..
Invite the pleasures of fall indoors with a nutritious golden bowl of squash soup. You've got to try this savory butternut squash soup recipe my family is currently in love with! This savory butternut squash soup is hearty with just the right amount of kick from cayenne pepper. Reviews for: Photos of Savory Roasted Butternut Squash Soup. Whip up this vegan savory squash stew- you won't be disappointed!