Shrimp Ceviche (Ceviche de Camaron). Ceviche is fresh raw fish "cooked" in an acidic marinade—typically citrus juice—spiced with ají amarillo (a yellow chile with a hot and slightly sweet flavor), red onions, and other seasonings. Shrimp ceviche or ceviche de camaron is one of the most popular Ecuadorian ceviches. Ceviches, also known as cebiches (both spellings are acceptable), are very popular all around Ecuador, but especially at the beach.
Try our traditional easy Ecuadorian shrimp ceviche recipe (Ceviche de Camaron) today. Ceviche also known Cebiche, sebiche and seviche is a type of raw shrimp soup traditionally served cold as an appetizer before a coarse meal. The shrimp ceviche is made with. You can have Shrimp Ceviche (Ceviche de Camaron) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp Ceviche (Ceviche de Camaron)
- Prepare 1 lb of medium sized shrimp peeled & devined.
- It's 3/4 cup of diced red onion.
- You need 1 of jalapeño seeded & ribs removed.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh lime juice.
- It's 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 of cucumber peeled cut into small chunks (optional).
- It's 1 of avocado cut into small chunks.
- It's 3/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It's 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomato seeds & ribs removed.
- You need 3 tablespoons of valentina hot sauce (optional).
Ceviche de Camaron is a light and zesty South American appetizer featuring raw shrimp cooked in lime juice and tossed with other fresh ingredients like tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, and cilantro. Think shrimp meets pico de gallo with a lot of lime. Remove from skillet; place in shallow container. Stir together drained tomatoes, orange juice, ketchup, cilantro, oil and mustard in large bowl.
Shrimp Ceviche (Ceviche de Camaron) step by step
- Boil 2 qts of salted water. Add the raw shrimp and immediately turn off the heat. Let the shrimp sit till their just about cooked, between 1-3 minutes at the most. Place shrimp into a bowl of ice water to halt the cooking process..
- Once chilled cut shrimp into 1/2 inch chuncks and place them in a glass bowl. Add in Lime & Lemon juice. Then stir in the cucumber, onion, & Jalapeño. Refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Stir in the avocado, tomato, cilantro, olive oil, & hot sauce into the shrimp mix. Let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving..
Add onion mixture and shrimp; toss together to. This post may include affiliate links. Impress your sweetheart with simple and fresh ceviche! The best part of this recipe is there is no cooking. Scoop in the shrimp, cover and let the water return to the boil.