Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken.
You can cook Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
- It's 6-10 of bone in, skin on or off Chicken Thighs.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 3 of Green Onions, diced. Use the tip to the tail.
- You need 1/2 of Yellow Onion, diced.
- It's 1/2 of Scotch Bonnet Pepper(de-seeded and de-veined) or 1 Bell Pepp.
- It's 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Distilled White Vinegar.
- It's 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Ground Allspice.
Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken step by step
- Place the chicken thighs on a large pan and brown them on medium high heat on both sides for 5 minutes. First, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with pepper..
- In a food processor add the green onions, yellow onion, scotch bonnet/bell pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, nutmeg and allspice and puree until smooth..
- Arrange the chicken in the pot of the slow cooker, skin side facing up..
- Pour the sauce on top of the chicken, then cook on low for 8 hours..