Ultimate loaded potato Soup. An easy and delicious creamy potato soup recipe that can be made in just one pot! Loaded with bacon and creamy potato goodness, this is a favorite comfort food in my household. Potatoes and soup define comfort food for me (and pasta and cheese too!), so when you combine them together, it's like comfort food heaven!
I don't know what you put on your loaded. What's the secret to making this ultimate comfort food soup ultra creamy? It prevents curdling that can happen when regular milk is cooked over a long period of time. You can have Ultimate loaded potato Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ultimate loaded potato Soup
- Prepare 6 of russet tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes.
- You need 6 strips of bacon, uncooked and cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- It's 3 TBS. of Butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/3 C. of Flour.
- You need 4 C. of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 C. of Milk.
- You need 1/3 C. of Heavy cream.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of Ancho chili powder.
- You need 2/3 C. of Sour cream.
- It's of Toppings (optional).
- You need to taste of Shredded cheese.
- It's to taste of Green onions.
- It's to taste of Sour cream.
- It's to taste of Bacon.
This easy potato soup is made with chicken stock, bacon, onion, celery, and herbs, then finished with a little cream for extra richness. Didn't need to puree the soup as the potatoes melted away. How to Make Ultimate Loaded Potato Soup. A classic baking potato is the russet, which is one of the most starch-filled in the world of spuds.
Ultimate loaded potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon pieces in a large soup pot over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and leave grease in the pot..
- Add butter and onion and saute until onions are soft. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds more until fragrant..
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot and whisk until smooth.
- Add diced potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper and anchor chili pepper..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork. About 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and remove about 1/2 of soup into a blender. Puree until smooth. Add back in to the pot..
- Note: If you prefer your soup all creamy with no pptato chunks you can puree all of the soup in batches..
- Add sour cream and 3/4 of the bacon pieces. Stir and simmer 15 minutes..
- Top with additional bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions (optional).
That starch is released as the potatoes cook in the broth, becoming part of the underpinning of a rich, thick soup. Loaded potato soup is the ultimate cozy dinner idea, and this one is so easy to make! It's all that's great about a baked potato, remade as a healthy The soup will be creamy but with small chunks of potatoes. Alex and I found that makes the most satisfying texture for a loaded potato soup, versus. This loaded potato soup is packed with tender chunks of potatoes, some veggies, bacon and cheeeese!