Pad Thai. Pad thai, or phad thai, is a stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food and at most restaurants in Thailand as part of the country's cuisine. Poo's back FoodTubers and this time she's got a classic Pad Thai recipe to share with you. Fresh juicy prawns stir fired with tofu, crunchy veg and egg.
Pad Thai with no compromise, this is what the real stuff should be like! Well-balanced flavours and not overly sweet. Lots of ingredients but SO worth it! You can cook Pad Thai using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- You need 100 g of tamarind paste.
- You need 50 g of fish sauce.
- It's 50 g of palm sugar.
- You need 25 g of thai soy sauce.
- Prepare 50 g of water.
- You need 50 g of rice stick noodles.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 100 g of protein (chicken, tofu, shrimp, other seafood).
- It's 50 g of fresh or thai pickled carrot.
- Prepare 75 g of Bean sprouts.
- You need of Garlic chives.
- It's of Crushed peanuts.
This is a traditional Pad Thai recipe used by a friend's mother. You can use chicken, pork, beef, tofu, or a combination. You may want to start with less pepper, and work your way up. This restaurant-quality Pad Thai recipe is surprisingly easy to make at home and customize with whatever noodles, proteins, veggies, and spice level you prefer.
Pad Thai instructions
- Sauce: Combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Strain. Adjust sweetness, saltiness and texture with sugar, fish sauce and water. Makes sauce for 4-6 servings. Can be kept refrigerated at least a couple of weeks..
- Cut the chives to the same length as the bean sprouts..
- Heat a wok on high heat and add some peanut oil..
- Crack in the egg on one side of the pan, breaking the yolk..
- Add the protein on the side of the egg and stir fry while the egg cooks..
- Add the carrot and stir fry briefly, before breaking up the egg and stir frying everything in the pan together..
- Add the noodles, stir-fry briefly, then pour in the sauce and stir-fry until the sauce is evenly distributed and the noodles are cooked through adding some water if it becomes too dry..
- Add the bean sprouts, peanuts and chives and stir fry for a few moments..
- Serve with fresh coriander, crushed peanuts, chilli flakes, sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce on the side as condiments..
It starts with fresh ingredients including rice noodles, chicken, shrimp, tofu, cilantro, bean sprouts. Pad Thai is believed to have originated in Thailand during World War II. It was born out of a combination of a rice shortage and Thailand's prime minister wanting to create a national dish. Pad Thai is stir-fried rice noodle dish ubiquitous with Thai cuisine in the United States, but it wasn't With World War II nearing, the Thai government created the dish to promote a sense of national unity. Pad Thai - This Pad Thai recipe is how you actually find it in Bangkok and comes from testing hundreds of different variations from food carts all over the city.