Crispy fried green tomatoes. Crispy Fried Green Tomatoes made with Panko breadcrumbs mixed with garlic, onion, and a little cayenne pepper. It's my favorite fried green tomatoes I love to make fried green tomatoes towards the end of the growing season, but part of the reason I made these this time was because I have a lot. In the Southern United States, crispy fried green tomatoes are a popular side dish, and it's easy to see why.
Great for kiddo's or for someone first trying out the fried green tomato but I prefer the cornmeal/flour batter to be honest. A traditional fried green tomato recipe wouldn't be too discerning about which oil you use, even suggesting that you use plain old vegetable oil. Both oils will provide healthy fat that will help you burn fat instead of store it, and both will provide you with a crispy and delicious coating to these tomatoes. You can have Crispy fried green tomatoes using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy fried green tomatoes
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It's 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need Dash of hot pepper flakes.
- You need 3 of large green tomatoes.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 of milk.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- It's Dash of garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
Crispy on the outside and tender in the middle, these Fried Green Tomatoes are addictive! Serve them as an appetizer or side dish, a party snack, or make them the main attraction piled high on a BLT! These fried green tomatoes are fantastic with a little Tabasco sauce or remoulade. Had a nice crispy crust and soft juicy.
Crispy fried green tomatoes instructions
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, hot flakes,cornstarch, and bread crumbs in large bowl.
- Slice tomatoes.
- In another bowl mix egg and milk.
- I use a cast iron pan but deep fryer or frying pan will work , heat oil on med heat you want it hot before you put your tomatoes in.
- When oil is ready dip tomato slices into mixture then into four mixture cover completely in flour mixture press flour mix into the slices then lightly shake off and put into hot oil.
- Fry until deep golden brown flip and repeat.
- I add a dash of garlic salt on the top when all finished !.
- Eat while hot and enjoy!!!!!.
I put them on a Bison burger!! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, these vegan fried green tomatoes are super easy to whip up and deliciously addictive! Perfect as a snack or side dish! I visited three different supermarkets this week. Make sure to choose unripe green tomatoes (ones that No serving of fried green tomatoes is complete without a dipping sauce, the best of which is a variation of French remoulade sauce — a pale pink.