Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker. The chicken cooks until its fork tender, then shredded and added back to the seasoned juices to re-absorb the flavor in every crevice. At this point, you drain any excess liquid. I like to save the seasoned liquid to cook my rice in like I first did in my Slow Cooker Fajita Chicken - so good - some of the.
This big batch of Mexican shredded chicken is great served with rice or inside taco shells with letttuce, tomatoes and cheese. And the best part of all is that your slow cooker does practically all of the work for you. Cooked in the slow cooker, this Mexican-style shredded chicken with salsa and ancho chile powder is perfect for tacos, quesadillas, and enchiladas. You can cook Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker
- Prepare 2 of lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It's 1/2 cup of salsa.
- You need 3 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It's 1 can (4 oz.) of mild diced green chilies.
- It's 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It's 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It's 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of liquid smoke.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of ground chipotle chili pepper (optional for more heat).
Place chicken on top and cover with remaining salsa. Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken simmered with Mexican spices, salsa and green chilies for amazingly flavorful chicken for tacos, burritos, nachos. I just shred the chicken right in the crock pot even because I don't like to dirty extra dishes! 🙂. But feel free to take it out to shred it and Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Shredded Mexican Chicken - Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker. Place the chicken in the bottom..
- In a medium bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients. Then pour over the top of the chicken..
- Cook either on high for 3-4 hours OR low for 6-7 hours, until the chicken is tender enough to shred easily..
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and allow it to rest for 5 minutes or so, then use 2 forks to shred it. Stir the chicken back into the remaining juices/salsa mix and cook on low for an additional 20 minutes..
- After the additional 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the slow cooker with a slotted spoon. Use the chicken in your favorite recipe (some suggestions are listed in the recipe description and a few are pictured below)!.
- Chicken Nachos -->.
- Chicken Quesadilla Pie. -->.
- Southwestern Style Chicken Potato Skins -->.
- Easy Chicken Taquitos -->.
Top with all of the remaining ingredients. Mexican shredded chicken is so delicious, versatile and EASY. And here are three ways to make it - Instant Pot, slow cooker and stovetop. You can shred it using only two forks. Mexican shredded chicken is so versatile, and you can use it in so many different things - over rice, in quesadillas, tacos.