Plantain Pancakes. Plantain Pancakes- Rich, tender, & delicious Soft, Tender, Rich Plantain Pancakes, like pancakes but with a sweet plantain taste. Good for Breakfast or make it for dessert with coconut sauce. Unlike the banana pancakes, these paleo plantain pancakes remind me of "real" pancakes.
Plantain pancakes - These are ultimate comfort food made from plantains and a few other ingredients. They look and have a similar consistency of a conventional pancake. Link also gives instructions for making stuffed double chocolate pancakes and pumpkin spice pancakes. You can cook Plantain Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plantain Pancakes
- You need 2 of Ripe Plantains.
- It's 1 Pint of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 3 Tbs. of Melted Butter (1 More for cooking (4).
- It's of Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbs. of Cinnamon.
- It's Splash of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 1 Tbs. of Baking Powder.
Caramelized Plantain Pancakes with Sweet Cinnamon Plantain Maple Syrup. These pancakes tasted like unicorns and sunshine dancing atop my tongue. If you love bananas, these vegan plantain pancakes are for you! Recipe by Amanda Torres. "I freakin love plantains!" "You know how it seems like a rule that the first pancake always gets ruined?" Early this spring, I created this recipe for plantain pancakes for backpacking.
Plantain Pancakes step by step
- Peel and chop plantains. Add them to food processor along with everything but the flour. Process until a relatively smooth consistency is achieved..
- Add to a large mixing bowl. Begin adding flour gradually. Whisk and check the consistency. As with normal pancakes, you don’t want it too runny or too thick. Find the balance you like. The amount of flour will depend on both your taste and the the size of the plantains. Pour your mixture onto a griddle pan brushed with melted butter. Cook until you see bubbles forming and the pancakes move freely when pan is shaken..
- Serve with maple syrup, jam, berries or whatever fits your fancy..
This easy Plantain Pancakes Recipe is the perfect high-protein breakfast. While I do most of the cooking in our house, my husband has become sort of an expert pancake maker. These plantain pancakes are delicious both warm and cold, so I often make a larger batch of them in the evening (and I just scale up or down depending on how many really ripe plantains I happen to. Recipe: Plantain Flour Pancakes. by Chris Kresser, M. Made with savory plantain flour, these pancakes are a perfect complement to an array of yummy toppings like berries and fresh fermented.