Chicken Jambalaya. Visit The Site To Learn About The Origins Of Jambalaya & How To Make It. Get Chicken Jambalaya Recipe from Food Network. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in hot oil in large saucepan.
It is a versatile dish that combines cooked rice with a variety of ingredients that can include tomatoes , onion, green peppers and almost any kind of meat, poultry or shellfish. Serve with guacamole, soured cream, a tub of salsa and some flour tortillas. Sausage Chicken Jambalaya For anyone who enjoys entertaining, this jambalaya is the perfect one-pot meal to feed a crowd. You can have Chicken Jambalaya using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Jambalaya
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 1 of small onion diced ¼ inch (about 1/2 cup a little extra is great:).
- Prepare 1/2 of each red bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- Prepare 1/2 of each green bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- You need 1 of ribs celery, diced ¼ inch.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf -remove at the end.
- You need 14.5 ounce of can diced tomatoes (use the juice).
- Prepare 2 of cups+ chicken broth or stock (you might add additional if needed).
- Prepare 1 cup of long-grain rice.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It's 1/4 teaspoons of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 5 tablespoon of Crystal hot sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 16 ounces of Chicken – cooked diced.
- Prepare 6 ounces of Andouille sausage slice ¼ inch (smoked spicy Cajun sausage).
- It's 1/4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped- add in the last 2 minutes before service.
Jambalaya is a classic Creole dish that combines rice with a variety of other ingredients such as tomatoes, onions, peppers and some type of meat or shellfish. This easy one-dish meals features both smoked sausage and shredded rotisserie chicken. Add the chicken and the bay leaves to the pot. Add the water, stir to combine, and cover.
Chicken Jambalaya instructions
- Heat butter in a large 5 qt sauce pan or Dutch oven Add onion, red and green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. (trying not to brown).
- Add everything except the parsley Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minute, or until rice is cooked. Stir as needed so as not to burn..
- Note you can add more Chicken broth if needed..
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Add chopped parsley in the last 2 minutes before service Remove the bay-leaf.
I like to avoid frozen shrimp when I can so I am using dry cured ham instead to this delicious jambalaya! Toss the chicken, sausage, ham, vegetables, and seasonings in the slow cooker and forget about it until dinner time. Arrange chicken over rice (do not stir), then bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered, without stirring. Gently stir in scallion greens, sausage, and salt to taste. A Chicken Jambalaya recipe is Cajun comfort food, packed with flavor.