Coconut Almond Crème Brûlée.
You can cook Coconut Almond Crème Brûlée using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Almond Crème Brûlée
- It's 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It's 1/4 cup of coconut cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of all natural bitter almond extract (only 1/2 tsp if using regular almond extract).
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare of kettle of boiling water.
- You need pinch of nutmeg (optional).
- You need 4 tsp of sugar (for topping).
Coconut Almond Crème Brûlée step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. In non plastic mixing bowl whisk together everything but the egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks until smooth and uniform in color..
- Pour mixture equally into two ramekins. Place ramekins in a deep baking dish and place dish onto oven rack. Sprinkle tops with nutmeg (if desired). Fill baking dish with boiling water until 2/3 of the ramekins are submerged being careful not to splash water into mixture..
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the sides are set and the top is a light golden brown (centers will be jiggly).
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool to room temperature (about two hours), then cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until set (about four hours). Can refrigerate up to one day..
- After custard has set remove cling wrap and gently blot the tops of the Crème Brûlée with a paper towel to soak up any water from condensation. Sprinkle the tops with two teaspoons of sugar each and heat with kitchen torch for about two minutes until sugar is caramelized. Serve immediately and enjoy!.