Sticky plum lamb shanks. This hearty, slow-cooked lamb dish is perfect for two to share as the nights start drawing in, from BBC Good Food magazine. Sticky plum roast lamb comes out perfectly tender and makes an extra special Sunday roast alternative. It's slow cooked, but so worth the wait!
Grilled Lamb Shanks Recipe Lamb Shank Recipe Steven Raichlen Braised Lamb Shanks Lamb Recipes Other Recipes Grilling Recipes Main Dishes Barbecue. Great recipe for Sticky plum lamb shanks. Lamb and plum is a fabulous combination and I love putting these two flavours together. You can cook Sticky plum lamb shanks using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sticky plum lamb shanks
- It's 8 of Lamb shanks frenched.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- You need 2 of onions, cut in wedges.
- It's 1 bunch of fresh thyme, tied together.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Red wine, merlot.
- Prepare 500 ml of beef stock.
- It's 1 cup of Plum jam.
- It's 1 of Chilli De seeded and sliced.
- Prepare 1 of creamy mash potato or polenta.
This is a great dish for both the oven and the slow cooker and can be served with seasonal vegetables to make a complete meal. Oven baked sticky chicken drumsticks slathered in the most incredible yet ridiculously simple Chinese Plum Sauce glaze. Slathered in the most incredible Chinese Plum Sauce, these Sticky Chicken Drumsticks Hi Nagi I'm about to make lamb shanks with plum sauce and I cant find a decent recipe. GLAZED LAMB SHANKS RECIPE Alright guys. this weeks recipe is for, glazed lamb shanks.
Sticky plum lamb shanks step by step
- Pre heat oven to 180C. Place flour and shanks in a bowl & coat. Heat oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over high heat. Cook shanks in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Set shanks aside..
- Reduce heat to medium & heat more oil in casserole dish. Add onion and thyme. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add wine & chilli. Simmer for 1 minute. Stir in stock, sauce and jam. Season with pepper. Add shanks then bring to the boil. Cover dish with lid or foil & put in oven..
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove lid and baste shanks with the liquid. Bake uncovered,for 30 to 40 minutes or until meat is tender and falling from the bone..
- Cover again and allow to sit in juices for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with creamy mash or polenta..
These lamb shanks are slowly braised in red wine before basting to build up as beautiful, sticky glaze on the lamb shanks. These pressure cooker lamb shanks are seasoned to perfection and fall-off-the-bone tender. And just in time for your Easter dinner party. But I tell you what… This pressure cooker lamb shanks recipe is packed with bold flavors and they're fall-off-the-bone tender! Meanwhile, salt lamb shanks liberally—two to three teaspoons kosher salt per shank.