Butternut Squash Tagine.
You can have Butternut Squash Tagine using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Tagine
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil or fry light spray.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized butternut squash, chopped into small 1cm cubes.
- It's 4 Cloves of garlic, bashed and roughly chopped up.
- Prepare 1 of Red onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It's 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It's 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It's 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 carton of passata 500grams.
- It's 3 of preserved lemons, pips taken out and roughly chopped up.
- It's 200 grams of halloumi cut into cubes.
- It's 150 ml of stock (vegetable or chicken).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of clear runny honey.
- Prepare 12 of olives.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It's of Fresh coriander as a garnish.
- It's of Yogurt – optional.
Butternut Squash Tagine instructions
- On the hob! Slice in half and remove the seeds from the butternut squash, peel, and chop it. USE a STRONG sharp knife..
- Chop up the onion and garlic..
- Prepare the spices and lemon..
- With a saucepan or tagine heat it up on the hob to a medium heat. Drizzle or spray the oil and add then throw in the onion and garlic, let it slowly soften for 4 – 5 minutes stirring regularly..
- Next add the spices for a minute or two to heat through, then the lemon. Add the butternut squash stirring well to coat all the cubes with the spices. Splash in the tomato passata, stir….. and the honey and salt and pepper..
- Pour in the stock cube, now let the sauce do its things, bring it down to a gentle simmer. Stir occasionally to make sure its not burning on the bottom..
- Check the butternut squash with a fork or knife after 20 minutes to see if its soft all the way through but not mushy. It may need another 10 minutes or so. At the end stir in the halloumi and olives to heat through..
- Serve with couscous, and flat breads! delicious!.