Cottage Pie Cups. How to make cottage pie cups. Something very traditional, re-created into a delicious mini gourmet snack, The Dr. Something very traditional, re-created into a delicious mini gourmet snack, The Dr.
Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze. Proper English Cottage Pie is a delicious, very traditional mince pie (beef) topped with mashed potato. Being from Australia, cottage pie is a favourite when it comes to comfort food for the family. You can cook Cottage Pie Cups using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie Cups
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of ice water.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lard.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need of Potatoes------------------.
- You need 6 of medium potatoes.
- You need 12 ounces of evaporated milk.
- It's To taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large egg yokes.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Beef mixture---------------------.
- You need 2 pound of ground chuck.
- It's 1 of large carrot grated.
- You need 1 of medium onion grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare To taste of kosher salt.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
Cottage Pie and Shepherd's Pie are very similar. Cottage pie is one of the classics of a British classic kitchen. It is known for being a hearty, filling, and warming food and although often thought of as a winter dish, it is perfect any time of year. Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home!
Cottage Pie Cups step by step
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Put in the water and boil till fork tender..
- Drain the potatoes put back into the pot add the milk, yokes, and butter mash and mix till creamy. Stir in the mozzarella cheese. Salt to taste. Let cool.
- To a skillet add the beef, carrots, onions, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. Brown the beef then drain. Add the tomato paste. Simmer 7 minutes..
- Cut in the shortening and the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix the water and vinegar together in a cup. Add the mixture to the crumbs. Mix together just until the dough is combined knead till easy to work with..
- Spray the muffin pan with nonstick spray. Add the pie crust to the muffin pan fill each hole..
- Add meat filling to the pie crust.
- Add potatoes to a ziploc bag. Cut the tip of one corner off..
- Squeeze the potatoes through the opening, or spoon it on..
- Add the muffin pan to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes till crust is done and Potatoes are browned a bit..
- Let rest 10 minutes. Serve, I hope you enjoy!!.
Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Cottage Pie uses ground beef, while Shepherd's Pie uses ground lamb. This Cottage Pie Recipe is a modern variation of the popular classic. Once you try it, you'll never go back! All Too often Cottage Pie is a flavorless, soupy meat mixture topped with a mushy topping.