Fish cakes. A fishcake (sometimes written as fish cake) is a culinary dish consisting of filleted fish or other seafood minced or ground, mixed with a starchy food, and fried. Rustle up some tasty fish cakes. They're easy to make and a great way of using leftover potatoes or fish.
Thai Fish Cakes Recipe (Tod Mun Pla) ทอดมันปลา - Hot Thai Kitchen! Make a little fish go further by shaping it into fish cakes. Combine any fish - salmon, cod, mackerel, even shellfish like crab - with a little cooked potato or even cooked broccoli for. You can cook Fish cakes using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish cakes
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of kale.
- You need 50 ml of olive oil.
- You need 200 g of fish hot smoked (cod or salmon works well).
- Prepare 50 g of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 50 g of polenta.
- Prepare 20 g of linseeds.
- You need 50 ml of macadamia nut oil.
- It's of salt.
These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish. Pair them with homemade tartar sauce to really take this recipe to a new level. Fish cakes are Irish traditional fare at its very best. These little wonders are created by combining mashed potatoes, flaked cooked fish, and herbs, then formed into individual cakes and coated in.
Fish cakes instructions
- Chop the potatoes (but don't peel) and boil for 15 mins.
- De-stem and chop the kale and steam for 5 mins (I normally steam above the potatoes).
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain well and mash, stir in the olive oil, kale and fish.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle form into 6 cakes.
- Place the flour on one plate, the beaten eggs on another and the polenta and linseeds on a third.
- Coat the fishcakes in the flour, eggs and polenta.
- Heat the macadamia nut oil in a pan and fry the fishcakes on each side until crispy.
- Season with salt, then serve with chilli sauce, ketchup and mayonnaise.
Looking for the best Fish Cakes recipes? Get recipes like Tuna Patties, Salmon Patties and Cod Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and. Try our best fishcakes, including crab cakes and cod cakes, and fishcakes using haddock, salmon and tuna. Forget the days of stodgy bland fishcakes, these fish delights. Enjoyed throughout Atlantic Canada and the Maritime, fish cakes are a classic dish.