Penne with tuna and tomato. Tuna Penne Pasta (Tuna Carbonara) Filipino Style - FoodRaawr! All Reviews for Penne with Tuna and Fresh Tomato Sauce. Place cooked penne on serving platter.
When the cooking is done, break up the tuna into large flakes with a spoon and mix it into the pasta. The sauce will look thin at first glance. Learn how to make Penne with Tuna and Fresh Tomato Sauce. You can cook Penne with tuna and tomato using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne with tuna and tomato
- It's 2 tbsp of oil.
- It's 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It's 500 g of diced tomatoes from a can.
- Prepare 250 g of tomato sauce.
- It's 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It's 55 g of sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 packet of penne or rigatoni.
- Prepare 55 g of black olives coarsely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of caper.
- It's 200 g of strained tuna.
- It's 2 tbsp of parsley, finely chopped.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
When water boils, add penne and cook according to package directions. Add to tomato sauce with peas. Heat oil in skillet with anchovies, onion and garlic over low flame. Heat oil in skillet with anchovies, onion and garlic over low flame.
Penne with tuna and tomato instructions
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the packet..
- Heat the oil in a large pot (or wok) and sauté the onion and the garlic slightly. Add the tomato, the oregano and the sun-dried tomatoes. Boil everything for 10-12 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the olives, the caper and the tuna to the sauce..
- Add the cooked pasta and mix..
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the parsley and serve while hot..
In the meantime, cook penne in lightly salted boiling water till al dente. Add in tuna and a healthy pinch of black pepper to sauce. Combine penne with tuna, tomatoes and peas in a bowl. Stir in tuna, Italian dressing and dried tomatoes. If desired, sprinkle with cracked black pepper.