Slow Cooker Jambalaya. Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe Slow Cooked To Perfection For An Incredible Creole Taste This delectable, slow-cooked version of a traditional New Orleans-style dish features chicken, kielbasa and shrimp in a bed of rice that's been seasoned with Creole seasoning, green pepper, celery and diced tomato. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort! It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings.
Jambalaya is a Creole dish, inspired by both French and Spanish cuisines. Served in the south (especially Louisiana!) and filled with both shrimp and andouille or smoked sausage, it packs on the flavor as a perfect dinner option year-round. In a slow cooker, combine chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery, and chicken broth. You can have Slow Cooker Jambalaya using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 12 oz of diced some boneless chicken breast.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of veggie oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of chopped onions.
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It's 2 of bell peppers.
- You need 2 of celery stalks.
- You need 2/3 cup of smoked ham.
- Prepare 1 cup of chorizo sausage.
- You need 14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes.
- It's 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It's 1 lb of frozen cooked shrimp.
- You need 3 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 oz of tomato paste.
- It's 2/3 cup of chives for garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweet corn.
Stir in oregano, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, bay leaves, and thyme. Cover, and cook on LOW for. Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya Colleen's Slow Cooker Jambalaya. Slow Cooker Jambalaya is loaded with andouille sausage, chicken, and shrimp that gets cooked low and slow to activate the bold spices.
Slow Cooker Jambalaya step by step
- Combine all ingredients, except rice in slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. If using raw shrimp add to slow cooker with 30 min remaining..
- Cook rice separately..
- Mix rice and slow cooker in a large bowl. Keep separate if you are storing the jambalaya..
- Portion mixture and garnish with chives..
Also try Easy Jamalaya for a one pot meal that is perfect for busy nights. The flavor packed meal will liven up a normal. Slow Cooker Jambalaya, with chucks of chicken and andouille sausage and lots of shrimp, is a super flavorful one dish meal. Since Mardi Gras is just around the corner, my belly has been craving all those wonderful New Orleans foods. Have dinner ready when you come home with this ultimate, slow-cooker Jambalaya.