Chicken and Vegetable Polenta with Artichoke Hearts.
You can have Chicken and Vegetable Polenta with Artichoke Hearts using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Vegetable Polenta with Artichoke Hearts
- It's 10 large of chicken drumsticks.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 2 large of onions, sliced.
- You need 2 large of carrots, minced.
- You need 2 large of celery sticks, chopped.
- You need 2 large of jalapenos, sliced (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of rosemary, ground.
- You need 1 tsp of bay leaf, ground.
- It's 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It's 2 cup of polenta meal.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- It's 1 can of artichoke hearts.
- It's 1/2 cup of pecorino Romano cheese.
Chicken and Vegetable Polenta with Artichoke Hearts step by step
- Season and roast the drumsticks at 375°F for about 30 minutes, but not pulling it out of the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside to cool..
- Set three tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan on low heat, and add the onions, carrots, celery, and let simmer with the rosemary, bay, fennel, and salt. Also toss in the jalapeno for some kick if you are so inclined. I know jalapenos aren't Italian, but I thought it lent some good flavor and punch. Red pepper flakes would be a decent alternative..
- Tear apart the chicken, and toss the chicken, and torn up skin, into the veggies and simmer a few minutes..
- In another 3 quart saucepan, heat the polenta on low while slowly adding the water. Only add a little water at a time, waiting until the last bit of water is fully absorbed before adding the next bit. Also add the drippings from the roast chicken..
- When the polenta and water is just about completely incorporated, add the artichoke hearts, and give it a few stirs. Keep the polenta on low, stirring, until the polenta thickens to the point you can stack a spoonful of polenta on the polenta..
- Mix the chicken and veggies into the polenta, add the cheese, stir to incorporate, and then spread evenly into an 18"x13" cake pan. Refrigerate for an hour or so to set..
- Heat individual slices, and serve warm..