Giada's Farmer's Pasta.
You can cook Giada's Farmer's Pasta using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Giada's Farmer's Pasta
- It's of Butter for greasing pan.
- It's 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 oz of pancetta, chopped.
- Prepare 4 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 4 cups of whole milk.
- It's 3 cups of heavy cream.
- It's 8 oz of fontina cheese, grated.
- It's 4 oz of mozzarella cheese, grated.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 6 oz of provolone cheese, grated.
- Prepare 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 3 tbs of italian parsely leaves, chopped.
- It's 3 tbs of basil leaves, chopped.
- You need of Salt and ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of course bread crumbs.
- You need of olive oil for drizzling.
Giada's Farmer's Pasta step by step
- Butter a 13x9 by 2-inch baking dish. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and saute until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a small bowl. Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the pan drippings (if necessary, add more oil to the pan drippings to equal 1/4 cup total). Reduce the heat to medium. Add 3 teaspoons of garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes..
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cream. Bring to boil..
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook until almost al dente, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. (The pasta will continue cooking in the oven.) Drain pasta and add directly into the cheese. Add the parsley, basil, and pancetta and toss to coat. Season the pasta mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper. Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared dish..
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Add the bread crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the pasta mixture. Drizzle the top with extra-virgin olive oil and bake until the sauce bubbles and the bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes..