Red velvet cake. This Red Velvet cake was definitely not what I expected. It could be that I have no experience with Red Velvet cake but with this recipe the cake was much to heavy. The Icing was bland and honestly tasted like flour.
Nowadays most cocoa powders are alkalized, as in stripped of acid. Look for a non-alkalized one for this old-fashioned recipe. Completing the classic look is a coat of bright white ermine frosting, cooked the old-fashioned way. You can cook Red velvet cake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red velvet cake
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Milk.
- It's 1 table spoon of cocoa powder.
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 15 ml of red food colour.
- You need of Vanila flavour.
- You need Half of cup of water.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. This is the recipe to make red velvet cake, i have to say after so many years of baking this is a r star rating. Red Velvet Cake Recipes Don't wait to indulge in a slice of red velvet cake, a homey classic treat that calls to mind Mom's best baking. Try one of these, our most popular red velvet cake recipes.
Red velvet cake instructions
- In a cup add water add milk and vinegar and keep aside.
- Whisk egg sugar and oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the whisk (egg,sugar,and oil) then add the milk and red food colour and then mix.
- Pour the batter in a pan and bake.
The "red" makes sense, but what about the "velvet" in this cake's iconic name? Food historians says it was a common description during the Victorian era, when the term described cakes that had an especially soft and "velvety" crumb. From the color to the crumb, this homemade red velvet cake is a dessert classic. A moist, classic Red Velvet Cake!! Made from scratch, and surprisingly easy when a few simple steps are followed - watch how to make it in the recipe video.