Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash. In this simple recipe, acorn squash are baked and then seasoned with salt and pepper, and sweetened with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. acorn squash is wonderful! for this recipe i simply baked the squash plain and then added a couple tablespoons of earth balance and agave. A vegan main dish for Thanksgiving! Twice Baked Acorn Squash Quinoa & Kale with PomegranateUnprocessed Purpose. garlic, quinoa, kale, cumin, pecans, allspice, cinnamon, acorn.
Acorn Squash Gnocchi is an excellent way to use leftover roasted acorn squash in a lower carb · This stuffed acorn squash recipe is perfect for a Thanksgiving side. Stuffed with a wild rice and Baked acorn squash couldn't be easier. Bake the sliced and seeded squash with butter and maple. You can have Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash
- Prepare 2-4 of whole acorn squash.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- You need Pinch of Fresh Herbs.
- You need 2-4 cups of Brown sugar.
- You need Dash of Honey.
- It's 1 of box/bag Brown rice and/or Quinoa (or leftover if available).
- It's 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Orange pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet Yellow pepper.
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- You need of Leftover turkey.
- Prepare of Leftover corn.
- It's of Leftover stuffing.
- Prepare of Leftover cranberry sauce.
- You need of Leftover Marshmallows.
- Prepare of Baked Squash Seeds.
This winter acorn squash stew is perfect for cooking with all your leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Make this acorn squash a meal. She pointed out that anytime you have leftover cooked squash you can freeze it for future use. She suggested freezing it in muffin tins for easy single portions.
Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash step by step
- Preheat Oven to 375°. Wash and cut acorn squash into halves. Scoop out all the seeds and set aside. Place squash onto a baking sheet or dish. Cut stick of butter, placing 2-3 pats into each squash half according to size. Add a pinch of leftover herbs from making your Thanksgiving Turkey, I had some thyme leftover, but use what you have and/or prefer. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step and cut the time in half!).
- Next, place 1/2 cup brown sugar into each squash half on top of the butter and herbs. Drizzle honey across each squash along the edges and inside middles. Place in the oven for 30-35 to soften up while you prepare the filling. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step!).
- Slice yellow and orange peppers and sweet onion. Saute veggies in oil, then make the rice and/or quinoa according to instructions. *(We didnt have rice or quinoa leftover from our feast so I used a one skillet meal starter with quinoa and brown rice. If you have leftover rice or quinoa to use then skip this step!).
- When skillet mix is finished, add leftover turkey (shredded or diced) to the mix. Add leftover corn also and mix well. Cover and set aside..
- Remove acorn squash from heat and allow to cool slightly, while you make the baked seeds..
- Leave oven at 375°. Remove all seeds from squash insides and place into a bowl. Wash and rinse well. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay seeds out into a flat layer. Spray a layer of cooking spray across the tops of seeds. Immediately after spraying, dust tops with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins until toasty. Then remove and let cool. *(If you already have some baked seeds use what you have and skip this step!).
- Now, using a spoon place leftover stuffing and quinoa/rice mix with leftover turkey and corn into the baked acorn squash halves..
- Finally, Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a scoop of leftover cranberry sauce onto each mixture filled acorn squash half. Top with leftover marshmallows (if you use these from your sweet potato recipes) and drizzle honey across tops. Place into Oven..
- Bake stuffed acorn squash for 25-35 mins until marshmallow is melted and insides are warm. Remove from heat. Top with baked seeds. Serve & Enjoy!.
These basked and roasted acorn squash ideas would also easily work as entrées. If you have any vegetarians coming to Thanksgiving dinner, this meal would be a great entrée option. And…the holiday dishes continue here on P-Dub Cooks. I wanted to begin cooking Thanksgiving food early this year so you'd have plenty of time to read, examine, and even practice dishes beforehand, if you're into that sort of thing. A recipe for Buttery Cinnamon-Sugar Acorn Squash from Delish.com.