Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots. Recipe: Buttery Slow Cooker Chicken & Potatoes. by Patty Catalano. I daresay the best way to cook potatoes is nestled underneath chicken. While I don't keep a rotisserie in my stateside kitchen, I have found that the slow cooker gives me the juicy, tender chicken and buttery, chicken.
Then scatter the garlic and thyme over vegetables. This Slow Cooker Curry Chicken with Potatoes has all kinds of amazing flavor and texture and is a perfect weeknight dinner idea your family will love. My favorite kitchen items I used to make SLOW COOKER CURRY CHICKEN WITH POTATOES: SLOW COOKER - My favorite one is the classic. You can cook Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots
- It's 1 lb of baby carrots.
- You need 1 lb of baby red potatoes -halved.
- Prepare 2 of large chicken leg quarters - skin on.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- You need 4 tbs of unsalted butter - cold, cut into 12 slices.
- It's 3 tsp of chicken seasoning.
- You need 1 tbs of cornstarch (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbs of cold water (optional).
Combine chicken, potatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a slow cooker. Instructions Spray slow cooker with cooking spray; place the carrots, potatoes and onion on the bottom. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables; season with salt and pepper. This easy chicken stew is cooked in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, onion soup mix, and tomato sauce.
Slow Cooker Chicken Quarters with Potatoes & Carrots instructions
- Pour 2/3 cup water into the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Spread baby carrots out in an even layer. Place halved baby red potatoes evenly over carrots. Sprinkle veggies with 1 tsp chicken seasoning..
- Place chicken leg quarters so they don't overlap each other on top of veggies skin side up..
- Arrange 6 slices butter on each leg quarter. Sprinkle 1 tsp chicken seasoning over each leg quarter..
- Place lid on slow cooker. Let cook on low for 6 hrs or on high for 4 hrs..
- Optional: When dish is done you can make a gravy with the juices if you wish. Remove chicken and veggies to a separate platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Wisk together 1 tbs cornstarch and 1 tbs cold water. Switch slow cooker to high if not already. Stir cornstarch slurry into juices. Let cook uncovered for 15 minutes or until thickened..
It's a simple combination of ingredients that is sure to please a hungry family. Tools Used In This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Potatoes: Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. I browned the chicken in the cast aluminum insert before cooking the chicken on low. Then for the potatoes, you will need to mound them high off to the other side. Serve Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Baby Carrots.