Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry. Danny McCubbin brings another one of Jamie's Food Revolution recipes to life, with this delicious veggie noodle stir-fry. Tofu and rice noodles cooked with. Jamie Oliver's veggie stir-fry throws together tasty fresh veggies, topped with a fried egg - easy and delicious.
Soba Noodle Stir Fry - super quick and easy, this dish is perfect for a weeknight meal. Use any veggies you have on hand. If you're anything like me, life is busy. You can cook Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry using 17 ingredients and 37 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry
- You need 200 g (8 oz) of thick flat rice noodles or chow mein-style egg noodles.
- It's 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 5 cm (2 inch) of piece of ginger.
- You need 1/4-1/2 bunch of fresh coriander/cilantro.
- It's 1 of small head of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 of red or yellow pepper.
- You need 350 g (12 oz) of firm tofu.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- It's 1/2 of fresh red chilli (Optional).
- You need 100 g (3/4 cup) of raw, unsalted cashew nuts.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 100 g (4 oz) of snow peas or mangetout.
- You need 100 g (4 oz) of baby spinach.
- It's 2 of limes.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Low-salt soy sauce.
You're always on the go and it's hard to find time to eat a proper dinner between work, errands, keeping the house clean, trying to find time. If you love ordering noodles from Chinese takeout, this recipe is for you! This soba noodle stir fry is even better than takeout because it's loaded with vegetables and it's lighter than most Chinese takeout dishes. We based this stir-fry on a noodle dish called japchae, which is a staple in many Korean households.
Veggie Noodle Stir-Fry instructions
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions..
- Then drain and refresh in cold water (this stops them from over-cooking) and place to one side..
- On a chopping board, peel and finely slice the onion..
- Then peel and finely chop the garlic..
- Peel the ginger using a teaspoon....
- Then chop into matchsticks..
- Pick the coriander leaves....
- And finely chop the stalks..
- Cut the broccoli florets off the stalk....
- Halve any larger florets....
- Then thinly slice the stalk..
- Halve the pepper, scoop out the seeds and pith with a teaspoon..
- Then slice into strips..
- Cut the tofu into rough 2cm (3/4 inch) cubes..
- Using a vegetable peeler/speed-peeler, peel the carrot lengthways into long ribbons..
- Trim and halve the chilli lengthways (if using)....
- Then run a teaspoon down the cut side to scoop out the seeds and white pith..
- Finely slice at an angle, then wash your hands thoroughly..
- Place a wok or large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, add the cashew nuts, and toast until golden, stirring regularly..
- Tip into a small bowl..
- Place the pan back on a high heat and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil..
- Add the red onion, garlic, ginger and coriander stalks....
- Then fry for 2 minutes, or until lightly golden, stirring regularly..
- Throw in the broccoli, pepper, tofu and snow peas or mangetouts....
- And fry for 2 minutes, stirring regularly..
- Stir in the spinach and allow it to wilt..
- Then add the noodles and carrot ribbons..
- Toss well for a minute to heat through..
- Squeeze over the juice from half the lime..
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce....
- Then toss to coat..
- Sprinkle over the sliced chilli (if using), toasted nuts....
- And the reserved coriander leaves..
- Then serve with lime wedges for squeezing..
The flavors are super savory but still bright and fresh because it's packed with veggies. We kept some of the traditional vegetables here, but just about any combination from your crisper will work. This Quick Veggie Stir-Fry uses whole wheat spaghetti noodles in place of rice for a healthy fiber boost. Load up this stir-fry with the veggies your family likes best. Two scrambled eggs are added for extra protein.