Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno. This is one of my favorites. I make it all the time because it's delicious, but also because it's so easy to prepare. You probably have had butternut squash soup in the past, but this one, adapted to the Paleo lifestyle, is particularly interesting with its coconut milk base.
It's made simple and fast in the Instant Pot for a quick healthy comforting meal. After years of canned soups as a kid I just had a bad association with soups. Salty, flavorless, and all around boring - does this sound familiar. You can have Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno
- It's 6 cup of butternut squash, cubed or 1 large.
- You need 14 oz of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
- It's 2 of Granny Smith Apple, peeled, cored and chopped.
- It's 2 medium of carrots, peeled, chopped.
- You need 2 of jalapeno, seeded.
- You need 6 oz of bacon, crisp and chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika, smoked.
- It's 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of black pepper.
This smooth-and-spicy butternut squash soup becomes a quick weeknight dinner when you use packages of peeled and cut squash, sold in the produce aisle of most grocery stores. This paleo butternut squash soup recipe is so comforting for fall and winter! And, low carb butternut squash soup is one of the easiest ways to enjoy butternut squash on a low carb diet. Basically, it's manageable if you make the soup thin enough.
Paleo butternut squash soup with jalapeno instructions
- Combine to 7 ingredients in a stock pot, cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours..
- Blend or puree after 4 - 6 hours. An immersion blender is ideal for this. If you don?t have one, let your mix cool before transferring it to a blender or food processor..
- Garnish with jalapeno rounds, paprika and bacon..
- Salt and pepper to taste..
- Adapted from Paleopot.com recipe.
Easily made in your crockpot, instant pot or on the stove! This easy soup recipe is incredibly flexible and would be fantastic with acorn squash, butternut squash, or even pumpkin. Now that the holiday season is in full swing, most of us have found ourselves indulging in a few not-so-Paleo foods. This nutrient packed soup makes a complete meal all by itself and is perfect for getting us back on. It is the most delicious butternut squash soup I have EVER had.