Kim chi jigae. Kimchi stew is one of the most-loved of all the stews in Korean cuisine. It's a warm, hearty, spicy, savory, delicious dish that pretty much everyone loves. The classic Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi stew) recipe with some fatty pork.
This kimchi stew is easy and delicious. Kimchi Jjigae is one of my all-time Korean jjigae recipes. When kimchi gets old, it becomes an excellent ingredient for various other dishes! You can cook Kim chi jigae using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kim chi jigae
- It's Half of pound chopped pork belly.
- Prepare 1 of sliced onion.
- Prepare 4 of smashed garlic cloves.
- You need 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Korean hot pepper paste.
- It's 1 quart of Kim chi with juices.
- Prepare 1 container of firm tofu.
- Prepare As needed of Cooked rice 🍚.
The most common dish made with aged kimchi is kimchi jjigae (김치 찌개). Kimchi stew, or kimchi jigae, is a fiery red stew served in a served in a stone pot. Use store-bought broth, add tofu and a protein to make this at home!. Kimchi Jjigae (Stew) is a classic stew in Korean Cuisine that is hard not to love if you like Kimchi.
Kim chi jigae instructions
- Saute pork belly until a slight crisp and the fat has rendered out..
- Add onions and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes..
- Now add Kim chi,chicken broth and Korean red pepper paste..
- Bring to a simmer for at least an hour..
- Add diced tofu and heat through..
- Enjoy 💕 and serve over steamed rice.
Kimchi Jjigae or Kimchi Stew is actually very simple to make. Kimchi Jjigae (김치 찌개) is a spicy Korean stew made with fermented kimchi, pork belly and tofu. Learn the secrets for the best Kimchi Jjigae with this recipe. We've been having an extended run of 'what's for dinner?'. Luckily it's been coupled with a fridge heaving under some obviously forgotten or perhaps not quite obvious gems.