Yummy moussaka. This moussaka (baked in owen) is the classic recipe that is very delicious and easy to make. This eggplant dish is one the most popular dishes in Greece. The traditional Greek version of moussaka is made by layering eggplant, a meat filling, and creamy béchamel sauce.
Moussaka, undoubtedly one of the most well known classic Greek recipes, is traditionally made by layering meat and sliced aubergines (eggplant) and topped with a bechamel sauce. Here is a great recipe for moussaka, a Greek dish. It includes sliced eggplant baked in a ground beef sauce and then smothered in a thin white sauce. You can cook Yummy moussaka using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yummy moussaka
- Prepare 3 of eggplants.
- You need 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 200 g of minced meat of your choice.
- You need 150 g of smoked cheese.
- It's 100 ml of tomatoe puree.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It's Half of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of onions.
- Prepare 100 ml of oil for frying.
- You need of Any spice mix.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of all purpose flour.
The very best traditional Greek Moussaka recipe. Greek moussaka (mousaka) is one of the most popular dishes in Greece, served in almost every tavern and prepared in every household on special. See more ideas about Moussaka recipe, Moussaka, Mousaka recipe. This moussaka recipe is a classic Greek comfort food.
Yummy moussaka step by step
- Wash the eggplants and slice them thin, salt them well and put them aside until the rest of the ingredients are ready. Juices will come out, and we will rinse them once with water. Then we fry them in a pan in oil until grilled..
- Lets prepare a bolognese type of sauce. Saute the squared onions and garlic on 3 tbsp of oil, add the thinly sliced carrots, and the spice mix. Once the onion is translucent, add the minced meat, mix well. When the meat has fried a bit, add the tomatoe sauce and stir well. Now cover it and cook it until ready.
- Make the beshamell sauce: melt the butter in a pan, add the flour, add some salt and nutmeg if you have, add the milk, keep stirring constantly until thick, then put aside..
- Create the layers in the casserole dish: meat then eggplant, layers of cheese in between, repeat until you run out of meat and eggplant and cover it with the beshamell sauce.
- On top of beshamell sauce, add the breadcrumbs and the olive oil. Bake in the oven approximately 15- 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs is golden.yummy..
Layers of potatoes, eggplant and spiced meat sauce make it very. Have you ever tasted Greek Moussaka? СтраницыДругоеБрендВеб-сайтNew Yummy Cooking VideosВидеоHow To Make Greek Moussaka. This moussaka is mostly authentic with a couple of twists for added flavor. Traditional moussaka uses ground lamb while most modern versions use ground beef. I took culinary license to add the additional.