Amy's Creme Brulee.
You can have Amy's Creme Brulee using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amy's Creme Brulee
- Prepare 400 ml of cream.
- Prepare 5 of egg yolks.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of vanilla bean - split and scrapped.
Amy's Creme Brulee instructions
- light grease 2 large or 4 small ramikins ..
- Combine the cream and vanilla in a medium saucepan and bring just to boil , then leave to infuse for 15 minutes , meanwhile lightly beat the egg yolks and half the sugar until well combined . After the 15 minutes , strain infused cream over the beaten yolk mixture and whisk briefly to blend then return to same cleaned saucepan and stir over low heat until custard thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon ..
- Pour into prepared ramikins cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set ..
- just before serving , remove from the fridge and place into a baking tray full of cold water and ice . sprinkle surface of each brulee generously with remaining sugar and place under a hot grill until sugar melts and starts to caramelise making a shiny crust on top , or use a kitchen blow torch to brown and caramelise the top , let cool and set for couple of minutes serve cold with fresh fruit if desired . enjoy . :-) ..
- NOTE : the top should have a slightly hard crust but when cracked the custard under should be smooth and silky ..