Focaccia Bread (wheat flour bread). An easy, delicious bread recipe that is the perfect side dish to any meal! And now back to that yummy focaccia bread I made. My girls recently made some in a local cooking class (with Chef Alyssa), and the little taste they brought home for me inspired me to try the recipe myself with whole-wheat flour (and a couple other little.
However, you can freeze any leftover focaccia. Whole wheat flour absorbs more water than white. It also makes it more difficult for yeast to do its thing. You can have Focaccia Bread (wheat flour bread) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Focaccia Bread (wheat flour bread)
- It's 2.5 cup of wheat flour.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of olive oil plus extra for greasing and topping.
- It's 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It's 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of mixed italian herb dried for topping.
- Prepare of Onion coriander tommato olive capsicum for dressing.
Whole Wheat Focaccia Bread is so easy to make and tastes wonderful! This homemade bread is seasoned with tons of herbs for tons of flavor, and is a perfect side for any meal. Try this recipe for Slow Roasted Tomato and Olive Focaccia too! Bread Flour - Using bread flour gives the focaccia a chewy texture; you can substitute all-purpose flour without ruining the recipe, but your bread will be significantly lighter and missing that characteristic texture.
Focaccia Bread (wheat flour bread) step by step
- 1. Take 1/2 cup of warm water in a glass or bowl, add the yeast & sugar. Stir it lightly. Set it aside for 10 minutes to let the yeast bloom. (Note that if the water is too hot, the yeast won't bloom. So be careful 2. Once the yeast has bloomed, in a large mixing bowl add the flour and salt. Give them a quick mix..
- 4. To the flour and salt mixture, add olive oil and begin adding the bloomed yeast. 5. Do not add all the yeast mixture at one go as we may end up with a very gluey and wet dough 6. Add the rest of the 1/2 cup of warm water too, slowly and keep kneading..
- 10. The dough needs to be tacky and not extremely sticky. This is a no-knead bread so we are not going to knead it for more than 3-4 minutes 11. Then put the dough back in a large greased mixing bowl, cover it with kitchen towel and set in a warm corner for the first proving..
- 13. he dough will have doubled in size in about an hour. If not, let it sit for another 25-30 14. Punch down the dough ever so slightly. Simply tip the dough into the greased baking tin and gently push it around the tin. 15. Poke the dough slightly and drizzle more olive oil, sprinkle dried Italian herb 17. Add the toppings of your choice. 19. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 210'c for 10 minutes..
Make the Dough By Hand - The dough can be prepared without a stand mixer by mixing the. Add Pizza Dough Flavor for over-the-top flavor, and/or cheese powder to turn it into cheese bread. Light, airy and crunchy focaccia bread flavored with rosemary and olive oil. Step by step Focaccia bread recipe. You can also add a bit of whole wheat flour to this focaccia bread.