Lebanese Baklava. Our Lebanese Baklava Recipe is very easy to prepare at home and it yields delicious authentic Today there are dozens of types of "Baklava" grouped in Lebanese Cuisine under "Arabic Sweets". In this video, Eva shows you how she makes a popular Lebanese dessert called baklawa (baklava). In addition to the yummy ingredients listed in the video.
TIP: Syrup must either be cool and poured over hot baklawa or hot and poured over cooled baklawa. The only true and most edible Baklawah is the Lebanese one. C., Assyrians baked thin layers of dough. You can cook Lebanese Baklava using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lebanese Baklava
- You need 2 pcs of Phyllo Pastry.
- Prepare 500 gr of unsalted butted.
- You need 250 gr of almond meal.
- Prepare 500 gr of walnut (finely grounded with blender).
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of rose water.
- You need 3 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- You need 100 gr of pistachio (grounded).
- It's of Syrup/attar:.
- It's 3 cups of sugar.
- It's 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of orange blossom water.
- You need 2 tbsp of rose water.
A traditional recipe from Samar Restaurant, fine Lebanese cuisine in Longueil, Quebec melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave; brush the baklavas until evenly coated The difference between Lebanese, Greek and Turkish Baklava Recipes. Baklava or baklawa has been around for thousands of years and many different countries would like to claim it as their own. Pour syrup over baklava making sure the dough is well saturated. Baklava Recipe, Honey Baklava, How to Make Best Baklava.
Lebanese Baklava instructions
- First of all we make the syrup/attar. Boil the water, add sugar. Stir it occasionally until thickened. Once it thickened, turn off the fire add lemon juice, rose water, and orange blossom water, mix them well. Store in a bottle or container while cooled..
- Preheat oven 160°C, meanwhile we prepare the baklava filling. Mix almond meal, ground walnut, sugar, rose water, and orange blossom water in a mixing bowl until it becomes like a dough. If it needs more water, add more rose water or orange blossom water gradually..
- Melt the butter properly. Coat the baking tray with the butter..
- Remove first phyllo pastry from the packaging, spread carefully on the butter in the baking tray..
- Spread the walnut mixture on top of the phyllo pastry evenly. Make sure you press it to make it firm..
- Open another package of phyllo pastry and layer it on top of the walnut filling and press it carefully..
- Start cutting baklava in diamond shape with a sharp knife slowly. Make sure it cut really well to the bottom layer..
- After all tray of baklava cut really well, pour butter gradually all over it..
- Bake it until the top layer looks flaky. It takes around 10-20 mins, oven heat may vary. Don't let it over cook, it doesn't take long..
- Remove from the over when the top layer looks golden and flaky..
- Pour syrup/attar on top of it while it's still hot. Sprinkle ground pistachio. Wait until it cools down..
- Baklava is ready to enjoy for dessert..
This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn't overly sweet. It's basically a party in your mouth. Our baklava Is made using our ancestors recipe with a touch of innovation. With the first bite, you will be addicted to the fresh crispy taste. You gotta try it for yourself!