You can cook Chicken Cacciatore using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs (boned and skinned).
- Prepare 4 of chicken legs (skinned).
- It's 1 can of plum tomatoes chopped (400g / 14oz. each) and their juice.
- It's 200 g of onion (sliced) / 7 oz..
- Prepare 175 g of button mushrooms (halved) / 6 oz..
- It's 100 g of red peppers (sliced) / 3½ oz..
- Prepare 100 g of peppers green (sliced) / 3½ oz..
- You need 75 ml of dry white wine / 2½ fl. oz..
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of oregano dried.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thyme dried.
- It's 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- You need ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Prepare 100 g of onion / 3½ oz..
- You need 50 g of carrot / 2 oz..
- You need 50 g of celery / 2 oz..
- You need of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- Spray the chicken with Spray2Cook and then season with the pepper. Fry off the chicken pieces in a hot fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook until browned all over..
- Transfer to a slow cooker set to hot or a large lidded fry-pan on medium heat. Smother with the mushrooms..
- Microwave the onion and peppers for 2 minutes and transfer to the first fry pan re-sprayed with Spray2Cook..
- Add the tomatoes and the herbs. Cook for 2 minutes before pouring over the chicken and mushrooms..
- Deglaze the fry pan with the wine / canned mushroom liquor and add to the cooking vessel..
- Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to as the cacciatore just starts to bubble..
- Allow it re-boil before turning to a gentle simmer to cook for 4 hours..
- Near the end of the cooking time take six tablespoons of the liquor from the pot and add to the sofritto vegetables. Microwave for 4 minutes, stir then microwave for another 4 minutes after adding more liquor if needed. Blend the sofritto in a hand blender and add to the cacciatore. (Picture taken before the addition of the sofritto)..
- Serve with pasta (add the calories!)..