Focaccia with garlic. Gennaro Contaldo's focaccia can be made from start to finish in just over an hour. Gennaro's focaccia is relatively quick to make, and fairly hands-off if you use a mixer fitted with a dough hook. This garlic focaccia is a riff on garlic bread, complete with roasted garlic cloves studded throughout and garlic butter brushed across the top.
This focaccia recipe is made with olive oil that's been infused with an entire head of roasted garlic. A timeline for making Sourdough Focaccia: If your starter needs feeding, do that the night before or early in the morning of the day you want to make the dough. A simple shortcut brings homemade garlic oil focaccia to your table in no time! You can have Focaccia with garlic using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Focaccia with garlic
- It's 500 grams of flour.
- You need 1 of yeast.
- You need 400 ml of water.
- It's 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
When garlic cloves are chopped, the sulfur compounds and an enzyme called allinase, usually held separate within the clove, come into contact with one another. This garlic cheese focaccia bread is light and tender. Soaked with butter, garlic, herbs and cheese, it's perfect for sopping up extra marinara sauce or the tail ends of the soup in your bowl. Focaccia is so easy to make and the potential ways to flavor focaccia are endless.
Focaccia with garlic step by step
- Mix flour, yeast and water in a bowl..
- Put the bowl on a warm spot and let it there for 2 hours til the dough goes up.
- Preheat oven - 210 C. Then split the dough in 2 and shape as you like. Make little holes with your finger..
- Use the olive oil and seasalt and "massage" it into the dough..
- Put in the oven for cca. 15 minutes.
- When still hot, rub in a little garlic. best if you mix the garlic with a little oil.
Make this especially mouth-watering version with roasted garlic. Italian Flatbread for a Blue Moon. An Italian focaccia flatbread recipe from the archives- because this lovely bread is just too good not to share with all you new readers. Two kinds of salt add flavor and crunch to this focaccia recipe. Focaccia with garlic oil and cheese.