Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
This chicken tortilla soup recipe is. Once you've sauteed the onions, you just dump everything in a pot and heat. But this chicken tortilla soup recipe that we're sharing today is light, healthy, and packed with tasty veggies and beans. You can cook Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It's 1 of Rotisserie Chicken shredded... I discarded the skin.
- You need 28 oz of crushed tomatoes (1 large can).
- It's 2 of 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder.
- Prepare 8 oz of chopped green chilies.
- It's 2 of cloves minced garlic.
- You need 2 of 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It's 20 oz of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- It's 1 of Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces).
Plus, it has tender shredded chicken in every bite! This tortilla soup calls for enchilada sauce and it takes the flavor to another level! Today I'm sharing The Best Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe I've ever made. Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight!
Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir..
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours..
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking..
- Garnish as desired..
Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant on our way home from the beach. Here is a delicious way to make chicken tortilla soup. You can garnish with many ingredients to suit your needs and make this a meal. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado The best tortillas to use for tortilla soup are stale yellow corn tortillas.